Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
Job Type: 30 hours per week
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Application deadline: August 11, 2017
Description: We are looking for an administrative assistant/bookkeeper to maintain the day to day office administration activities of a political party in our NB New Democratic Party office in Fredericton New Brunswick.
Summary of duties
- Respond to enquiries or direct to appropriate person; greet visitors
- Provide basic administrative support to staff (maintaining records, filing, data entry, typing)
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as required
- Assist in preparing mailings to our membership and supporters
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Responsible for Payroll, bank deposit, preparing cheques, paying invoices, etc.
- Prepare mid-year and year-end Financial Reports for Elections NB
- Update accounts receivable, accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Prepare year-end closings for audit
- Provide Income Statements and Balance Sheets to Treasurer as needed
- Provide Bank Statements to RDA’s Treasurers
- Assist with other duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Exceptional oral communication skills, good writing skills;
- Friendly and professional attitude;
- Experience with MS Office Suite;
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures;
- Experience with Sage 50 is an asset or similar;
- Post-secondary education and/or related professional experience preferred;
- Interest in New Brunswick politics desired;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizing abilities;
- Knowledgeable of the New Brunswick Political Process Financing Act (N.B. 1978, c. P-9.3) is an asset.
Please submit a resume with cover letter to:
2-924 Prospect St.
Fredericton, NB E3B 2T9
Phone: (506) 458-5828 (local)
(844) 637-6731 (toll free)
New Brunswick’s New Democrats are an employment equity employer. Women, persons of color, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.