Convention 2017 – Important Information and Dates
The following dates are important to keep in mind:
This will be the date of Convention at the Fredericton Inn in Fredericton, NB. For any questions regarding Convention, please direct your questions to:
Chris Rendell, Convention Planning Committee Chair at HamptonNDP@gmail.com.
The Convention Agenda can be found here: 2017 Agenda.PDF
The Resolution List (Edited, Merged and Prioritized)can be found here:
The Resolutions, as submitted, can be found here:
As per our Constitution and a motion by the Executive, Delegate Credentials will be awarded the following manner;
- The Executive and Provincial Council members receive credentials automatically;
- Each local NDP riding association will be allocated two (2) delegates plus one delegate for every five (5) members in that riding. These delegates will be selected at a meeting of the local riding. Members beyond this number, who would like to attend, may make request a request to the Provincial office to be placed on the Waiting List. The Waiting List is available for inspection by visiting the Provincial Office.
- Each riding without a local NDP riding association will be allocated two (2) delegates. These will be assigned by Provincial Office on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any unused credentials will be allocated to members from the Waiting List. These delegates will be “At-Large Delegates”, and will not be permitted to vote for their local Executive member.
A Credentials Committee has been struck and will ensure Credentials are awarded as per this guideline.
The fees for Convention are as follows:
- Regular Delegate – $50.00
- Unwaged/Youth Delegate – $20.00
- Member-Observer – $50.00
- Non-Member-Observer – $200.00
When you submit your list of names, ensure that indicate which of the four (4) sections they will represent.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be forwarded to the individual responsible for each task.
See you all at Convention!